Instructions for Urine Cytology Submission
Always confirm patient identity and obtain a signed patient consent for treatment prior to specimen collection.
Specimens may not be adequate for evaluation when only trace amounts are submitted.
Specimens must be received by Reditus Laboratories within 24 hours of collection.
Label ALL specimens with patient name, DOB, and collection date.
Complete ALL fields of the Reditus test requisition form.
Include a patient demographics sheet and insurance information.
Collection Instructions for urine for cytology
- Do not collect first morning urine for submission. Have the patient drink water for later collection.
- Collect specimen in an empty specimen container. Non-sterile is okay.
- If the urine will be submitted to Reditus fresh, refrigerate the specimen until shipment. Do not freeze. Cold packs are recommended during transport.
- If the urine will be submitted to Reditus in preservative, follow the instructions provided by the preservative manufacturer.
Instructions for Specimen Transport
- Messenger/Courier by ground transport. Place specimen(s) into a biohazard labeled bag and seal securely. Place the test requisition(s) on the outside of the biohazard labeled bag. Reditus courier service is available in select areas. Call Reditus customer service for inquiry or scheduling at 469-498-0221.
- Commercial carrier by ground/air transport. Place the specimen(s) inside a biohazard labeled bag and seal securely. Place the test requisition(s) on the outside of the biohazard labeled bag. Place the sealed bag and completed test requisitions(s) inside a rigid outer shipping container. Ice packs are recommended for transport. Ship via FedEx/UPS in a clinical pack designated for UN3373 Biological, Category B, Substances.
200 Enterprise Drive
Pekin, IL 61554
Note: If specimens are shipped on a Friday for Saturday delivery, you must include/indicate Saturday delivery during shipment or the specimens will not be received until the following non-holiday business day. Failure to receive specimens within 24 hours of shipment may result in specimens being rejected from testing.
- The specimen(s) must be received at the laboratory within 24 hours of collection. Do not ship urine specimens over weekends or holidays as they will not be received within an appropriate time frame for testing.
NOTE: Testing may be delayed, or specimens may be considered UNSATISFACTORY if the above instructions are not followed or the requisition form is not filled out completely. If there are any questions about specimen collection, handling, or shipping please contact the Reditus Laboratories for assistance.
Phone: (469) 498-0222