MARKETING GRAPHIC DESIGNER
To plan, analyze, design, and create official marketing materials that educate and inform both internal and external audiences about companies mission, programs, and services.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides creative support for print, social and web graphic needs
• Formats text and graphics, creates graphs and charts from data; coordinates proofing and corrections.
• Prepares electronic files according to commercial printer’s requirements and checks printer proofs.
• Compiles and organizes information from multiple sources throughout the companies; formats and updates written material and graphics provided in multiple formats including hard copy, Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
• Provides preliminary proofing of text and reviews final product to ensure it is complete and accurate
• Coordinates, designs, and produces a variety of official college publications and marketing collateral which may include brochures, catalogs, print ads, posters, fliers, booklets, mailers,PowerPoint slides, and promotional merchandise.
• Originates design concept and layout for materials including photo selection, digital manipulation, and font usage adhering to college brand standards; generate updates and changes as needed
• Collaborates with staff and consults with copywriters on text that accompanies the design to ensure the needs of the client, the message the design should portray, and its appeal to end users is effective.
Essential Skills and Abilities
• Graphic design theory, typography, color theory.
• Technical expertise with graphic design and print production software.
• Publication layout and design.
• Commercial printing requirements and practices.
• Maintaining an established work schedule.
• Creativity, communication, and problem-solving skills.
• Effectively managing tight deadlines and multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
• Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail, follow through and
adherence to brand standards.
• Effectively using self-discipline and initiative to work both independently and in teams,
budgeting time and meeting deadlines and production schedules.
• Effectively using initiative to stay updated on the latest trends and practices marketing graphic
• Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
• Maintaining equipment and software.
• Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
Extensive computer work. Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software and graphic design and publishing applications including Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Internet, FTP, and scanning software in a predominantly Mac-based environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand or walk with the ability to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This full-time position requires the employee to available during the “core” work hours of 8:00a.m. to 4:30p.m.,
Monday through Friday. Work is performed in a standard office environment.
No travel is required for this position.
Required Language Skills
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
Required Mathematical Skills
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions,
and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field.
2. Two years work experience as a graphic designer in a professional environment.
1. Two years directly related work experience
2. Experience in marketing and developing visual communication strategies
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties
or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may
change at any time with or without notice.