MANAGER FINANCIAL PLANNING AND ANALYSIS
Department: Human Resources/Finance
This position will be focused on providing financial analysis of corporate and departmental level projects and processes such as budgeting, forecasting, business case development, and ad hoc analysis. This position will also support the monthly close process by having specific account responsibilities. This position requires on-call, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Driver and owner of annual budgeting process and monthly forecast updates
• Monthly close responsibilities including account reconciliations and JE postings
• Partner with departments to build and analyze business cases for departmental initiatives and develop presentation of business cases for Executive Leadership
• Develop financial tools and models to aid in enterprise-level decision making
• Ad hoc financial analysis, as needed
Essential Skills and Abilities
• In-depth knowledge and comfort with standard finance and accounting methods
• Broad business knowledge and organizational awareness as well as an understanding of business profitability drivers
• Proven analytic and quantitative decision-making skills
• Comfort with working in an unstructured environment and ability to develop standards and best practices
• A passion for interacting in a positive and creative manner with team members
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interface effectively with all levels of management
• Ability to influence decision-making processes without having specific authority. Should be comfortable operating within a dynamic and complex organizational structure and be effective in a team-oriented environment.
• Strong work ethic and results orientation required for fast paced environment
• High degree of self-motivation and ability to work with limited supervision
• A solid and unwavering belief in good ethics and honesty
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand or walk with the ability to lift up to 30 pounds at times.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
The employee is required to work during the core hours of operations. This is a Monday through Friday position be available during the “core” work hours of 8:00a.m. to 5:30 p.m. This position may require time outside of core hours on evenings and holidays.
This position does require traveling with corporate executives to events, business trips and any other travel needed to provide security to executives.
Required Language Skills
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Required Mathematical Skills
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics or related field required
Preferred Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics or related field required
2. MBA preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.