LABORATORY INFORMATION SYSTEMS
Department: Human Resources/IT
We are looking for an energetic and organized person who knows what it means to take charge and who expects to be held accountable for results. You will be responsible for one thing – excellence in customer service – ensuring that our customers (End Users) are delighted by every interaction with you. We are a result driven IT organization and our quality-of-service deliverable tops everything else. We are looking for someone that is willing to grow with a fast-paced company.
Establishes operational goals/objectives/support and assignments to laboratory operations counterparts.
• Provides deep clinical laboratory operations and LIS subject matter build expertise.
• Provides technical support and maintenance to the LIS as well as integration systems and middleware.
• Ensures cross-functional integration of projects and assignments, implementation coordination with operations and other departments, as well as transition to support functions.
• Helps ensure continuous real-time operation of clinical laboratory information systems (24×7).
• Projects include version upgrades of laboratory and pathology information systems, point-of-care systems, digital pathology systems, and workflow analysis and optimizations for the laboratory.
• Support, maintenance, and testing of clinical laboratory information systems including databases, interfaces, and operational aspects of the laboratory.
• Functions as project manager and the primary liaison between department and the laboratory end-users to ensure optimal workflow design, system build for customization, and optimization of the LIS. Interacts with system and support vendors as needed.
• Serves as the relevant clinical laboratory and LIS/application expert to team members, other personnel, and end-users/business owners on LIS integration and touch-point areas. Provides highest-level expertise in design integration and touch points with LIS and/or other applications.
• Establishes operational goals/objectives/support and coordinates configuration, build, and testing assignments to team members and laboratory operations counterparts.
• Acts as system manager of the LIS and reviews/approves all change requests and testing documentation.
• Oversees the analysis, testing, and implementation of updates, changes, and maintenance to laboratory information systems (LIS) and related applications. Ensures end-users/business owners are notified.
• Oversees and facilitates the integration of end-user/business owner needs and translates clinical/operational needs and workflow into system specifications and configuration requirements.
• Ensures adequate documentation is provided for support, end-user training, and compliance/accreditation.
• Provides content and maintains application/system-associated knowledge management documents (KMs) for troubleshooting and HelpDesk Services.
Essential Skills and Abilities
• Ability to walk for 6+ hours at a time
• Ability to continuously lift 20-30lbs
• Good verbal/written communication skills.
• Strong computer skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality (from all directions)
• Leadership ability: strong interpersonal/group skills with ability to direct others
• Willingness to build a positive work culture
• Team Oriented
• Proven work record
• Excellent attendance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand or walk with the ability to lift up to 30 pounds at times.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
The employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 7:00a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. This position requires the employee taking their share of on-call. There may be some need for weekends and holidays.
No travel is required for this position.
Required Language Skills
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Required Mathematical Skills
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Required Education and Experience
1. High School degree or GED
2. Education: Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent combination of relevant experience, education, and training is required.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.